Thursday, January 3, 2013

"If You Want to Gather Honey, Don't Kick Over the Beehive"

Today is the first day of my journey through Dale Carnegie's book "How to Win Friends and Influence People." Last night I read Chapter 1, and will try my best to put the principles into action in the next week or so.
Chapter 1, to me, is probably one of the most difficult, yet rewarding pieces of advice; the main point is:
DON'T CRITICIZE, CONDEMN OR COMPLAIN.

People probably don't realize how often we do these things. I, for one, thoroughly enjoy criticizing people and complaining about something bad that happened to me, but now I will try to restrain myself. There are much better ways to talk to people instead of criticizing, and nobody likes to hear a complainer.
So I will keep documenting my struggles and experiences with this first chapter, until it's time to move on. Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment